malala yousafzai biography, wikipedia, age and career
Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani education activist who became famous for standing up against the Taliban’s ban on girls’ education. Born on July 12, 1997, in Mingora, a town in the Swat district of Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Malala was the daughter of Ziauddin Yousafzai, a school owner, and an outspoken advocate for education.
Growing up, Malala was inspired by her father’s activism, which instilled in her a passion for education and social justice. At the age of eleven, Malala began writing a blog for the BBC under a pseudonym, chronicling the impact of the Taliban’s rule on her hometown and advocating for girls’ education.
In 2012, when Malala was just fifteen years old, she was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman while on her way home from school. The assassination attempt was in retaliation for her outspoken activism, which the Taliban considered a threat to their authority. Miraculously, Malala survived the attack and was airlifted to a hospital in the UK for treatment.
Following her recovery, Malala continued to advocate for girls’ education, becoming a global icon for the cause. In recognition of her advocacy, Malala was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014, becoming the youngest-ever recipient of the award.
Malala has since gone on to co-found the Malala Fund, an organization dedicated to promoting girls’ education around the world. She has also become a prominent voice on the global stage, advocating for human rights and education for all.
Despite facing ongoing threats from the Taliban and other extremist groups, Malala remains steadfast in her commitment to the cause of education and social justice. Her story serves as a powerful reminder of the transformative power of education and the importance of standing up for what you believe in, even in the face of adversity.
Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani activist and Nobel laureate who gained international recognition for advocating for girls’ education. She was born on July 12, 1997, in Mingora, Pakistan. Malala became famous after surviving an assassination attempt by the Taliban in 2012. She was only 15 years old at the time and had been speaking out against the Taliban’s ban on girls’ education in her home region of Swat Valley.
Here are five facts about Malala:
1. Malala was the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize at age 17 in 2014. She was awarded the prize for her advocacy for girls’ education and her work in promoting peace.
2. Malala’s father, Ziauddin Yousafzai, is also an education activist and has been a major influence on her life and work.
3. Malala is the author of several books, including her memoir, “I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban.”
4. Malala founded the Malala Fund with her father in 2013 to support girls’ education around the world.
5. Malala graduated from Oxford University in 2020 with a degree in philosophy, politics, and economics.
Malala was shot in the head by the Taliban on October 9, 2012, when she was 15 years old. She was targeted because of her outspoken advocacy for girls’ education in Pakistan.
Malala is not married at this time, so she does not have a husband.
Malala has two younger brothers named Khushal and Atal.
Malala’s best friend is named Moniba, and they were both in the same class at school when the Taliban attacked.
Malala met Asser Malik, a journalist, in Birmingham, England, where she was receiving medical treatment after the shooting. They became friends and have since worked together on various projects.
Malala refers to her father as “Abu” or “Baba.”
The Taliban targeted Malala because she was speaking out against their ban on girls’ education in Swat Valley, Pakistan. They saw her as a threat to their authority and wanted to silence her.
Malala is the daughter of Ziauddin Yousafzai, an education activist and teacher, and Tor Pekai Yousafzai.
After the assassination attempt on Malala, her family had to flee their home in Swat Valley and relocate to the UK for her medical treatment and their safety.
It took Malala about three months to recover from the gunshot wound and the subsequent surgeries.
Malala was 15 years old when the Taliban shot her.
Who is Malala Yousafzai and why is she famous?
1. Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate. She gained international recognition after surviving an assassination attempt by the Taliban in 2012 for her advocacy work. She has continued to advocate for girls’ education and women’s rights, and founded the Malala Fund to support education initiatives around the world.
What are 5 facts about Malala?
2. Five facts about Malala Yousafzai are:
– She was born in 1997 in Mingora, Pakistan.
– At the age of 11, she began writing a blog for the BBC Urdu service, detailing her life under Taliban rule in the Swat Valley and advocating for girls’ education.
– She survived a gunshot to the head and neck by the Taliban in 2012 while riding a school bus, which led to worldwide support for her cause.
– In 2013, she co-authored a book titled “I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban” with Christina Lamb.
– In 2017, she became the youngest-ever United Nations Messenger of Peace, with a special focus on girls’ education.
What age was Malala shot?
3. Malala was shot in October 2012 when she was 15 years old.
Who is Malala husband?
What does Malala husband do for a living?
5. Malala’s father, Ziauddin Yousafzai, is an education activist and serves as the co-founder of the Malala Fund with his daughter. He is also the United Nations Special Advisor on Global Education.
Does Malala have two brothers?
6. Malala has two younger brothers, Khushal and Atal.
Who is Malala’s best friend?
7. Malala’s best friend is Moniba Mazari, who is also an activist for women’s rights and disability rights in Pakistan.
How did Malala meet Asser Malik?
8. Malala met Asser Malik while they were both studying at Oxford University. Malik is a writer and journalist, and the two have collaborated on several projects, including a podcast called “Malala Fund Assembly”.
What did Malala call her dad?
9. Malala affectionately calls her father “Abu”.
Why did the Taliban shot Malala?
10. The Taliban shot Malala in retaliation for her activism promoting girls’ education and speaking out against the Taliban’s ban on schooling for girls in the Swat Valley.
Who daughter is Malala?
What happened to Malala’s family?
12. Malala’s family was forced to flee their home in the Swat Valley after the Taliban threatened Malala’s life. They now live in the UK.
How long did it take for Malala to recover from getting shot?
13. It took Malala several months to recover from the gunshot wounds and subsequent surgeries, and she underwent rehabilitation in both Pakistan and the UK.
How old was Malala when the Taliban
14. Malala was 15 years old when the Taliban shot her in 2012.